- 3D Animation
- Digital Video Production
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- About PCSD
- Career Services
- Student Resources
- Request Information
A.A.S. Degree > Graphic Design
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
|Books & Supplies||
|Total Program Cost||
* Evening program length is 18 months.
Program tuition and fees are valid for students who have enrolled in their signed, contracted program August 2, 2011 – August 1, 2012.
Term 1 - Graphic Design
Term 2 - Graphic Design
Term 3 - Graphic Design
- P103 Digital Imaging
- WD103 Introduction to Web Design and Development
- DPD103 Digital Publishing for Multiple Applications and Devices
A.A.S. General Education Courses
- ANA100 Human Behavior
- ART103 Life Drawing
- ART150 Survey of Art History – I
- ART151 Survey of Art History – II
- COM105 Oral Communication
- ENG105 English Composition
- HB150 Human Behavior
- EGE101 Life Strategies
- EGE105 Clay Modeling
- EGE106 Fundamentals of Digital Photography
- EGE108 Fundamentals of Drawing
- HUM150 Fundamentals of Animation
- LIT101 Introduction to Literature
- MAT103 Introduction to Algebra/Geometry
- PD100 Portfolio Development
Students completing the Associate of Applied Science Degree: Graphic Design Program will have acquired the technical knowledge and the creative skills necessary for an entry-level position in the commercial art field and in the rapidly expanding field of electronic publishing. These occupations could include: production artist, advertising designer, illustrator, layout artist, line artist and positions where computers have replaced manual workstations in the graphic design industry.
In addition to extensive training in design and composition, digital paint and illustration techniques and digital and traditional typography, training includes proper operation of a variety of equipment, knowledge of pre-press production, photo manipulation, and a more comprehensive understanding of the overall operation of an electronic design studio.
The general education component will provide understanding of social and behavioral sciences, environmental science, humanities, language, art history and mathematics. The emphasis is placed on people skills, critical thinking and problem solving to prepare qualified, employable and productive employees for today’s industries.